OSX and HP printers

Steve Hartong shartong at naperinsure.com
Tue Jun 3 10:02:20 PDT 2003

Help!  Are there known printing issues between OSX and HP 970 printers?  I
downloaded the OSX driver from HP.

My first problem is in Quicken OSX.  In order to get the checks to line up
you have to adjust the positioning +48 in order to get the checks to line up
and you can only print 3 at a time because when the program prints more than
3 checks/page the second page lines up correctly and you don¹t need the +48.

My second problem is in Word X.  Printing labels.  I can¹t figure out how to
get them to work.  You are supposed to be able to print one labels in the
row and column of your choice but mine always line up too high. (Like in
Quicken)  If you had the ability to do it the adjustment would probably be
+48 again.  FYI a + adjustment moves the paper higher in the printer, which
makes the print or type to be placed lower on the page.

Why would an HP970Cxi printer print everything 48 too high?

If you have covered this and I missed it, I apologize.  Thanks in advance
for your help.

Steve Hartong
www.naperinsure.com
(630) 217-3819