[Ti] Heat & Fans

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Tue Jun 3 09:52:40 PDT 2003

This isn't totally accurate; in sleep mode, the processor is OFF.  What
happened in these cases (no matter what they might tell you) is that
they closed it, and something was hung, and prevented the computer from
actually going to sleep.  For that reason, I always make sure the sleep
light is on before packing my computer in a bag; it'll get quite hot
all cramped up in there.

For the most part, even if the fan is on high, the CPU is at 100%, etc.
you can still put it to sleep and it'll be just fine.

Randy Reames <randy at reames.org> writes:
> You do want to make sure the cpu is still not running high and that
> there is not a rogue process taxing the cpu before you close the lid.
>
> I have seen pictures online of people that have closed their powerbook
> while a process was using 100% of the cpu and melted the keyboard (not
> the lady that baked her powerbook, that's another story). The process
> never quit even while in sleep mode.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html