[Ti] question about the sleep mode

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Jun 4 16:37:00 PDT 2003

>hi all.. i am really new to this and really new to
>Mac(just switch from PC to MAC and i am glad i did).
>  i just want to know what is the benefit of leaving
>the computer in the sleep mode and how can i make it
>to sleep mode.
>thank you all and i feel like we are the luckiest
>people on earth that get a chance to touch these Ti
>powerbook. thank to Mac too.

Back in the days of the Wallstreet model, I read some things about
sleeping a portable computer is healthier for power
supply/battery/power management unit.  Something about restarting
stressed components out more so than on desktop models.  I don't know
if it was true then or true today, but it started me sleeping my
powerbook and I haven't looked back.

Especially with the Ti's ability to auto-sleep when you close the
lid, the ease of use issue is the greatest issue for me.  While I
always save my work before sleeping ;-) the ability to leave apps
open (with the exception of most Adobe products -- they always crash
during sleep anyway) and resume computer use immediately... that is a
definite value to me.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com