[Ti] sleep mode - Battery life

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Fri Jun 6 06:47:24 PDT 2003

My $0.02:

I got my 667 TiBook in September and used ONLY sleep mode until about
April.  I routinely had uptimes in the double digits of days, and this
was with 10-15 apps almost always open.

In April, I started shutting down at night and when going more than a
few hours between uses.  I've not noticed any real benefit, and I think
I'll go back to "just sleeping" now.

I come from a Linux/FreeBSD on the desktop background of about 5-6
years and I concur with the notion that UNIX systems are designed to
just run, with no "decay" over uptime the way Windows machines do, what
with untold files with no apparent consistency or purpose, except when
you move or alter them, and with apparent memory leaks in the OS
itself.  All the evidence I've seen with OS X is that it is
operationally the same as other UNIX systems, and that means GOOD :-D

--Justin