[Ti] sleep mode - Battery life

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Fri Jun 6 07:31:59 PDT 2003

on 6/6/2003 2:12 AM, wp at dtpoperator at wp.pl wrote:

> by me sweet medicine is still medicine and it isn't a candy ...
>
> sleep mode isn't the way to save the time (booting the system)
>
> sleep is for few minutes pause
>
> if Im going to stop the work for more just shut down

I rarely shut down (or ever reboot) any more.  Sleeping Macs is fine even
for extended periods of time.  I've left my computer sleeping for a whole
weekend when I've been out of town.  On the Mac, sleep is wonderful.

On the other hand, my experiences with Wintel and suspend/standby
(equivalent to sleep) has been disasterous (corrupted disks).  I notice that
XP doesn't even let me suspend anymore, just hibernate or shut down.  Could
it be that Microsoft has determined that suspend/standby doesn't work?

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver