Can't see cd or eject it

holly sisson hsisson at rogers.com
Sat Jun 7 08:17:06 PDT 2003

Hi,

I had some kind of problem yesterday with my computer. It was late at
night, I'm not sure what caused it but suddenly I had no hd space on my
computer (said I had about 300mgs free). When I restarted I had lost
all my prefs, my dock was back to the standard one you get after first
installing a system. My mail program had lost all it's account info
(not rules thank goodness!) and when I got it running it turned all my
mail in my in box to unread (over 3,000 messages). After re-starting I
got my 13 gigs free back. But I wanted to run DW 3 so I inserted the cd
and restarted the machine with the "c" key held down. It wouldn't work.
I can't see the cd at all. I have tried booting into firmware and
typing "eject cd" after which it says "ok" but it doesn't eject the cd.

Does anyone have any suggestions???

thanks for your help,
Holly
OS X 10.2.6