[Ti] sleep mode - Battery life

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Sat Jun 7 08:17:32 PDT 2003

On 6/6/03 8:54 PM, "Roger Snyder" <rogersnyder at pobox.com> wrote:

>   I leave some programs up a lot, I guess usually (email, browser,
> Spamfire), but not always (except Spamfire). Usually I only shut them down
> if I'm doing a Photoshop/Dreamweaver/etc. Workday and things seem to be
> slowing down. I don't leave the last mentioned programs up often when I'm
> done (though since I doing web site work almost every day, I've started
> leaving DW up a lot). Photoshop seems to take too much room.

It's not just a memory issue. Some applications use CPU time when seemingly
at idle. For example, I have Safari open right now, but am not actively
browsing. With 2 or 3 windows open, it seems to take 5-8 percent of the CPU
cycles (though it drops drastically when I close those windows and leave it
running). MS Word, with no documents open, occupies a trickle of cycles.

Mark