[Ti] sleep mode - Battery life

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Mon Jun 9 10:13:08 PDT 2003

At 10:07 AM -0500 6/9/03, etyrnal at ameritech.net wrote:
>On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 08:34 AM, Murray Kastner wrote:
>
>>Now I will merely close the lid as I won't be using my BigAl for a few hours.
>>
>>--
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Murray
>

>...and when will a hinge break?  When not moving?  or when
>closing/opening the lid just to sleep?

I have been using PowerBooks for ten years or so, changing them every
two years. I have yet to experiece problems with broken hinges and I
do open-and-sleep a few times a day.

Your point is well taken but I'd be curious to hear of anyone having
trouble with broken hinges. NOT paint problems but mechanical
problems.

Oh, another point: I am never without AppleCare...

>just click "sleep" in the apple menu are set you sleep time to ten minutes...

I will try it and see how it goes. After all, there is the matter of
productivity lost in clicking on menus as versus jsut closing the
lid...;-)

--
Best regards,

Murray
murrayka at mac.com

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.