[Ti] sleep mode - Battery life

etyrnal at ameritech.net etyrnal at ameritech.net
Mon Jun 9 10:51:28 PDT 2003

On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 12:13 PM, Murray Kastner wrote:

> I have been using PowerBooks for ten years or so, changing them every
> two years. I have yet to experiece problems with broken hinges and I
> do open-and-sleep a few times a day.
>
> Your point is well taken but I'd be curious to hear of anyone having
> trouble with broken hinges. NOT paint problems but mechanical > problems.

i guess i just made the suggestion in jest - out of my own nervousness
that either the hinges will eventually become uselessly loose or
break...  I do remember hearing of a fellow who's hinge broke and
damaged some of the internals...

> Oh, another point: I am never without AppleCare...
>
>> just click "sleep" in the apple menu are set you sleep time to ten
>> minutes...
>
> I will try it and see how it goes. After all, there is the matter of
> productivity lost in clicking on menus as versus jsut closing the
> lid...;-)

i'll have my team of research scientists look into time-study
statistics.  =)

> Best regards,
likewise

> A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

true