[Ti] iMic question (was Audio & Ti500mhz)

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Mon Jun 9 11:59:43 PDT 2003

    I've used iMic and Final Vinyl to record some albums with success.

    Though many of of my albums sound beautiful still when played properly,
I am reminded of the less than pristine shape of some of my recordings when
trying to digitizes them (and it is these old and well used recording that I
most want to digitizes and clean up).

    With the Apple Music Store, I expect I can get better sounding
recordings than I can usually make from these recordings. While there is a
cost involved, many of these albums are $10 or less (though the original
albums sometimes cost $2 or less, that was 25 years ago), I think it is
often well worth it for the quality (the time saved is gravy).

    Of course many of the albums I have are not available from Apple, or
only partially available. (It did occur to me that since some songs on some
albums are composed by folks not in the band, they might require different
rights negotiations. I hope these missing songs fill in as Apple goes
along.)

    I did download Springsteen's first, and my favorite, "Greetings from
Asbury Park, NJ" the other day, (which is great). I started listening to the
album, and was painfully reminded that my first stereo system was one I got
free for joining a mail order music club.

    The current issue of MacAddict has an article on recording from vinyl or
tape.

-Roger