Can't see cd or eject it

Romain Kang romain at kzsu.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 9 15:23:52 PDT 2003

My girlfriend had a similar problem with a UDF 2 formatted CD-RW
when she tried moving files between her Ti and M$ boxes.  The
UDF 2 is similar enough to the UDF 1 which OS X supports that it
seems to stuck midway through the mount process.

We tried the Knowledge Base suggestion to reboot while holding the
trackpad button down, but it didn't work.  We took the Ti to the
local Genius Bar, and without batting an eyelash, the tech plugged
in a USB mouse, rebooted with that mouse button depressed, and the
CD-RW was promptly disgorged.  Apparently, holding the trackpad
button often doesn't work for this purpose.

Romain Kang                             Disclaimer: I speak for myself alone,
romain at kzsu.stanford.edu                except when indicated otherwise.