[Ti] Speaker issue w/ new PowerBook

ursus at mac.com ursus at mac.com
Wed Jun 11 05:15:45 PDT 2003

 > I purchased a 12" G4 Combo Drive PowerBook over the Memorial Day
> weekend. I remain in love with my new Macintosh, but have noticed that
> the speakers sometimes don't work. A simple restart usually does the
> trick.
> Anyone else experiencing a similar problem?
> Many thanks,
> -Wendy Townley

I have had this problem constantly with both a TiBook as well as a 17"
PowerBook.  One culprit I have found is ISPQ. If I have iTunes playing and
launch ISPQ then there is all sorts of noise thrown in the audio stream. If
I quit ISPQ that stops.

Usually a log-out and log-in will reset the sound. But occasionally I have
to unplug my Sound Sticks to get them to reset.

It does not happen much when traveling and using the internal speakers, but
it does occasionally happen under those conditions.

FWIW