[Ti] PCMCIA cards to work with Airport

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Jun 11 06:56:01 PDT 2003

--On Wednesday, June 11, 2003 08:54 AM -0400 Mark O'Brien <rmobrien at mac.com> wrote:

> If you're running OS X, you'll need a third party driver. There is one from
> IOXperts <http://www.ioxperts.com/devices_80211b.html>, but I haven't used
> it. I use the driver from <http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net>, and it
> works fine.

I've used both and they both work with an Orinoco Gold card I have in a Wallstreet PowerBook. I like the IOXperts driver a little better, though, because it worked more reliably and supported more password features than the open source version. It's commercially supported with technical support from IOXperts. The volunteers on the open source mailing list weren't always responsive.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com