[Ti] Keyboard/Screen protection on 17"?

John B. Crane jbcrane at cranedigital.com
Wed Jun 11 06:58:53 PDT 2003

Hi Kynan-

I agree. I have to say, even with my RadTech cloth in there, I'm still
getting impressions of the keboard on the screen-they're just not the
sharper, more focused marks of the edges of the keys. I suspect that
the contact is still there, (is the refrig light really off when you
close the door?), and as you pointed out, maybe even more so because of
the increase of material between keys and screen-but there's no oil (I
don't type on the keyboard, I leave it covered and use the external,
and the cloth would block any oil from the rare typing on the keyboard).

So this leads me to conclude that it's essentially unavoidable,
especially if you carry the book in a case, and put, say, your Franklin
Planner on top as you lay the bag on your car seat... pressing the
screen into the keyboard even more. So the best you can do is minimize
and mitigate the damage, which is what the right protector could offer.
That's my $.02 FWIW.

On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 06:40 AM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List
wrote:
> But if you think about it, many of the solutions=96a cloth, a piece
> of=20=
> paper, the foam that the computer shipped with=96involve putting
> MORE=20
> material between the screen and the keyboard to rub against the
> screen.=20=
> Especially the ones like the paper and foam, which won't spread out=20
> the pressure much.  The big difference is the lack of skin oils.

John B. Crane
Principal
CraneDigital, LLC
Visual Communications for All Media
jbcrane at cranedigital.com
+1 (970) 229-1462
www.cranedigital.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
are addressed. If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.