[Ti] PCMCIA cards to work with Airport

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Wed Jun 11 07:11:02 PDT 2003

On 6/11/03 9:56 AM, "Dennis Fazio" <dfz at mac.com> wrote:

> I've used both and they both work with an Orinoco Gold card I have in a
> Wallstreet PowerBook. I like the IOXperts driver a little better, though,
> because it worked more reliably and supported more password features than the
> open source version. It's commercially supported with technical support from
> IOXperts. The volunteers on the open source mailing list weren't always
> responsive.

I see from their web page <http://www.ioxperts.com/80211b_X.html> that
IOXperts' $19.95 driver includes support for listing available networks, as
Apple's Airport software does.

The open source driver does not - I've had to use MacStumbler or iStumbler
in conjunction with the open source driver to see what networks might be
available (when away from my home WiFi network, that is).

Mark