[Ti] Keyboard/Screen protection on 17"?

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Wed Jun 11 11:55:15 PDT 2003

Well, I can tell you that between using a piece of thin felt on my
Ti/500 and using the original foam shipping pad on my 17", neither has
gotten even the slightest little mark on it.  And both of them get
jammed into a backpack with a bunch of heavy books.  Perhaps you should
try a different cloth?  My felt one was just a little piece of leftover
fabric lying around the house-nothing beats free!  ;-)

John B. Crane <jbcrane at cranedigital.com> writes:
> I agree. I have to say, even with my RadTech cloth in there, I'm still
> getting impressions of the keboard on the screen-they're just not the
> sharper, more focused marks of the edges of the keys. I suspect that
> the contact is still there, (is the refrig light really off when you
> close the door?), and as you pointed out, maybe even more so because of
> the increase of material between keys and screen-but there's no oil (I
> don't type on the keyboard, I leave it covered and use the external,
> and the cloth would block any oil from the rare typing on the
> keyboard).
>
> So this leads me to conclude that it's essentially unavoidable,
> especially if you carry the book in a case, and put, say, your Franklin
> Planner on top as you lay the bag on your car seat... pressing the
> screen into the keyboard even more. So the best you can do is minimize
> and mitigate the damage, which is what the right protector could offer.
> That's my $.02 FWIW.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html