[Ti] Keyboard/Screen protection on 17"?

Chris Rock stinger at pixar.com
Wed Jun 11 11:31:54 PDT 2003

I also ordered both the ScreensaverZ cloth in 17" size, though I really
wish it was about 1 inch wider.. to cover further across the width of
the 17" PB. I also ordered the 17" sized screen padZ, and the problem
was that they are WAY WAY WAY too thick, you use them at that thickness
and you will not be able to close your 17 without busting your hatch,
yes that is right busting your hatch... I ordered these because I didn't
like the amount of play in the 17" PB screen when closed. If you have a
VERY sharp exacto knife, or wanna go ghetto style and use a pair of
shears ( like i did ) cut them in half , make them half as thick and
then they are GREAT!, I put 3 of them on my Screen one in the middle and
one on either outer most corner. and now my PB 17" closes perfectly, the
play is 90% gone, and my latch works just like normal... so you will
find with the amount of padZ you will get you could probably have enough
left over from cutting in half to give 2 or 3 friends their padZ as well...

my $0.02

- Rock