Can't choose a printer in Classic

Chris Malanga tibook at chrismalanga.fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 13 07:20:14 PDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 06:40:17 -0700, Robert Ameeti <robert at ameeti.net>
 said:

 > One of my computers is a Big Al (PowerBook 17"). On that computer, I've
 > just had a problem whereby my ethernet IP HP LaserJet printer can not be
 > seen in the Chooser when in Classic. Normally I'd boot into OS 9 and
 > debug it from there but Big Al can't boot into OS 9.
 >
 > Classic in OS X 10.2.6 does not support the AppleTalk or TCP/IP control
 > panel so I have to expect that those parts are working through to the
 > Classic environment.
 >
 > I can see the printer connected fine in OS X. I've tried installing a new
 > Clean OS 9 System Folder. I can print to a PDF printer driver in OS 9 cuz
 > that had already been set to use the LaserWriter driver and has retained
 > its settings but can't print to a Printer that can't be seen in the
 > Chooser. I've reinstalled Adobe's 8.8 printer driver.
 >
 > What else can I try?

 Robert,

 Do you have AppleTalk turned on in the OS X network prefs?  You need
 that
 to be turned on before Classic can use the protocol.  Once I did that, I
 was able to see my laser printer in the Chooser.

 If you've already done that, sorry, I can't help.

 Chris Malanga (Alas! charming.)
 tibook at chrismalanga.fastmail.fm
Chris Malanga (Alas! charming.)
tibook at chrismalanga.fastmail.fm