[Ti] Griffin iTrip - Review

Jesse Girard jess at girardrubber.com
Fri Jun 13 07:27:13 PDT 2003

The tech I spoke with at Griffin warned me that inserting the iTrip so that
it's perpendicular to the iPod as you suggest is dangerous, because the
iPod jack is quite fragile, particularly the outer ring. If you drop the
iPod with the iTrip installed that way you risk destroying the jack which
will be very expensive to repair. That has evidently already happened to
several people.

According to the tech, Griffin added the dummy plug to fit into the
FireWire port cavity for precisely that reason, to protect the jack on the
iPod.

I loved the old Electra's by the way. My Mom had a powder blue convertible,
can't remember the exact year... early/mid 60's. It was a rocket ship!

Jess