[Ti] Big windows

cheshirekat cheshirekat at cheshirekat.com
Sun Jun 15 07:49:58 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003, Mark Swanson mswanson9988 at comcast.net, invoked
powers within the internet realm, to proclaim ...

>I am using 10.2.5 and sometimes (not often enough to catch a pattern) I
>have windows that open to large to reach the resize corner, or the
>cancel buttons.  Just now, in mail, trying to add definitions to the
>junk rules, now the windowdisapperas below the bottom of the screen.  i
>assume there is a simple, though it alludes me, way to fix this this.
>Please help.  me

You can use AppleScript to resize and move your windows in applications
that support AppleScript. I use AppleScripts in most applications because
otherwise my QuicKeys toolbars would get in the way. Besides, I just
prefer having my windows at the same location and size.

Try this for mail ...

(* begin script *)

-- Change the figures below to suit your size preferences.
-- {left position, top position, window width, window height}

property preferredBounds : {25, 20, 800, 600}

tell application "Mail"
	try
		set the bounds of the front window to the preferredBounds
	end try
end tell

(* end script *)

HTH

cheshirekat

--
* 867 PowerBook G4 * OS X 10.2.5 * 768 MB Ram *
* Addictions: iTunes 4 * WarCraft * The Sims *