[Ti] [OT] Microsoft to quit web browsers for Mac

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sun Jun 15 11:10:43 PDT 2003

>>Apple should be ashamed! For their greed which cost them their
>>marketshare, and for resting on their laurels while the competition was
>>getting better and better!
>
>I don't think Apple has been resting. They have focused their
>efforts on developing one of the best operating systems on earth,
>together with a nice setup of consumer oriented applications. Now
>the turn has come to create a web browser that puts others to shame.

Henry, if I believed half the things you profess to believe on this
list, I would have sold my Mac stuff an eBay long ago. Statements
like the above are ludicrous, and David's comments are just the
basics.

- Computer industry publications all acknowledge that the rest of the
industry looks to Apple for innovation.
- Apple's marketshare is a marketing issue, not a quality, technology
or innovation issue.  Since the early days, apple's marketing
decisions have consistently shot their technology in the foot.  Even
with some excellent advertising programs, Apple's marketing
department keeps squandering opportunities.  That Apple is successful
AND profitable in spite of their marketing is a testament to how
great the technology is.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com