[Ti] Dial-up in Washington, DC?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Mon Jun 16 06:14:33 PDT 2003

www.surfbest.com has worked for me in different states.  Check which of
their groups/networks has tel numbers in the places you will be, and
choose that group.  Then check the group actually assigned after you get
their notice--the groups are complexly intermingled, and they gave me
one which shared many numbers with the one I wanted, but had a couple
fewer numbers in one place I'd be.  I phoned SB, and they manually
gave me the exact group I wanted.  Good Mac setup instructions.
$12.95/mo.  Internet Connect shows 44000bps regularly one place,
~38000 another, but only 14400 another (which I've not taken the
time to think about enough to phone them to find out what the problem
is, since I suspect it may just be bad tel wires at that location).

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Per Brodersen wrote:

> I will work in Washington, DC in July and was wondering how to access the
> net from my lovely 12'' PowerBook while being there.
> Can you recommend a reliable dial-up service without much hassles?
 . . .