[Ti] TiBook and Airport Card

Tom Hamilton blnlife at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 17 11:07:12 PDT 2003

>1.    My TiBook can only "see" the Base Station if it is no more than 10
feet away from it.

I have had a number of different airport connection problems, but not
with my Ti. Okay, range isn't great as other Macs I have but that's
not the problem.

If the card works fine in another computer, but another airport card
doesn't do any better, then the problem is internal.

My daughter's iBook worked great for the first month and then the
range of no more than 10 feet started. Tried all kinds of things and
then called Apple support. They had me try all kinds of things and
then sent a box to have it shipped back for repair. There was a bad
internal wire connection apparently. It has worked flawlessly for the
last year.

Recently my son's iMac didn't connect, at any distance. The card
worked fine in a laptop. I tried a lot of different things and was
about to zap PRAM when I thought I would trash the preference file
first. That did the trick.

With reception, abeit poor, I am thinking that the internal antenna
wire is your problem. Not where it plugs into the card necessarily,
but maybe where it connects to the motherboard. If in warranty call
Apple Support, you might need to send it back.

Tom Hamilton
Seattle, WA