[Ti] TiBook and Airport Card

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Tue Jun 17 10:52:04 PDT 2003

Presumably, this is 10 feet, line-of-sight.  Some materials are really
bad for wireless transmission.  Check for the usual culprits;
fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, 2.4 GHz cordless phones or other
devices...  You may get better reception if you point the antennas on
the side towards the base station itself.

If that all fails, you may want to check the cable in your TiBook; it
may have been pinched between the top and bottom case, which will
inhibit reception much like you are finding.  If all else fails, you
may need to take the computer in to be repaired.

"Ken Z." <keninvegas308 at hotmail.com> writes:
> 1.    My TiBook can only "see" the Base Station if it is no more than
> 10
> feet away from it.
>
> 2.    I have two other laptops (another PB and iBook) and there is no
> problem with these connections.
>
> 3.    I have exchanged Airport cards with these laptops with the same
> result
> -- no connection over 10 feet from the Base Station with the TiBook.
> The
> Airport card that was originally in the TiBook when exchanged with
> these
> other laptops -- works perfectly.
>
> 4.   I have made sure the connection in the TiBook and and the Airport
> card
> is secure.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com