[Ti] DVD+RW in new Macs?

Selwyn Ward selwyn.ward at btopenworld.com
Wed Jun 18 01:38:18 PDT 2003

>"Eric L. Peters" <E-Peters at csu.edu> wrote:
>Subject: [Ti] DVD+RW in new Macs?

>Hello, all:

>I would like to know whether the DVD+RW format is supported (reading
>it, that is, I'm guessing that burning them is out of the question)
>by either the new PB G4s or the latest iMacs.

I have a 17"Al PB and haven't yet managed successfully to play a DVD+RW in
it from my Phillips DVD recorder. It recognises the disc OK and starts to
play but invariably crashes.  My recorder allows me to change a setting in
the recording to aid recognition (I had to do this to successfully get the
DVD+RW recognised on my TiPB) but none of the options get the discs playable
on the 17"Al Superdrive.  If you find a patch, hack, fix or workaround - do
please let me know!