[Ti] [OT] Microsoft to quit web browsers for Mac

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed Jun 18 00:06:36 PDT 2003

At 18:19 -0400 17-6-2003, cbirds wrote:

>Networking> Proxy> FTP> Use passive mode.
>Any browser should be able to download from  an ftp:// named URL.

The settings on my Ti-500/10.2.6 are like that.  However, when I
enter an ftp URL in to Safari (eg ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/ ) my OS
launches iCab and displays the ftp directory using iCab.
For some reason, unknown to me, Safari does not seem to be able to
handle this type of URL.

I use Fetch for serious FTP work, in any case, so this function of
Safari is less important to me

regards,  Trevor