[Ti] Who's still using 9?

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed Jun 18 00:39:52 PDT 2003

At 21:33 -0600 17-6-2003, Sam Hotchkiss wrote:
>Quick poll-- I'm just wondering how many of you are still using OS 9?

Sam - I once met a man who said his grandfather used it when he was
young.	:-)

I changed to OS X as soon as it was around, and struggled through all
the early issues, including the endless kernel panics which almost
made me give up.   The outstanding stability and multi-tasking is
what I really like about X.

I had my second crash of the year yesterday, when quitting Virtual PC
- ,my Ti just locked solid.

I understand that there are still quite a few people who need to stay
with (that is, boot in) OS9, due to unavailability of software that
is X native.   I hope that this changes soon for them.

I use Classic quite a bit, either because there is no X native
software - such as WordPerfect - or because I prefer the Classic
version of something: Excel98 is far easier for me to use than any of
the latest versions, which seem retrograde in terms of ease of use,
keystrokes, etc.

My feeling is that your poll might show a slight X majority.

regards,  Trevor