[Ti] [OT] New G5 Towers

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Fri Jun 20 06:30:42 PDT 2003

On 6/20/03 3:52 AM, "Benn" <joverkamp at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 12:12  AM, Gerry Orkin wrote:
>> http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030619233623.shtml
>>
>> Gerry
>
> Macminute.com says the following:
> "Apple leaks Power Mac G5 specs
> June 19 - 23:58 EDT   The online Apple Store inadvertently posted the
> specs of the Power Mac G5 late Thursday. The system details came in the
> form of a .gif image that appeared on the store's Power Mac G4 page. As
> of this posting, the image is still up. If (when) it gets pulled, you
> can view our screenshot here.
>
> The specifications are as follows:
>
>    * 1.6GHz, 1.8GHz or Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 processors
>    * Up to 1GHz processor bus
>    * Up to 8GB of DDR SDRAM
>    * Fast Serial ATA hard drives
>    * AGP 8X Pro graphics options from NVIDIA or ATI
>    * Three PCI or PCI-X expansion slots
>    * Three USB 2.0 ports
>    * One FireWire 800, two FireWire 400 ports
>    * Bluetooth & AirPort Extreme ready
>    * Optical and analog audio in and out

Actually, who needs rumors to guess these spec's? I could have guessed them
6 months ago. These are Intel board specs. On Monday I expect something
truly juicy.

* Quad G5
* 4D screen user immersed surround projection up to 36" radius
* OS 9.3
* Telephone (wireless & conference and video capable w/iHeadset)
* Cable ready iDVR
* 200W 7-1 Amplifier
* Counter Strike and Half Life 2
* iTunes 25 cent 1 minute adult clips