[Ti] [OT] New G5 Towers

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Sat Jun 21 07:25:18 PDT 2003

on 6/20/2003 6:30 AM, Loren Schooley at loren at flash.net wrote:

> On 6/20/03 3:52 AM, "Benn" <joverkamp at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 12:12  AM, Gerry Orkin wrote:
>>> http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030619233623.shtml
>>>
>>> Gerry
>>
>> Macminute.com says the following:
>> "Apple leaks Power Mac G5 specs
>> June 19 - 23:58 EDT   The online Apple Store inadvertently posted the
>> specs of the Power Mac G5 late Thursday. The system details came in the
>> form of a .gif image that appeared on the store's Power Mac G4 page. As
>> of this posting, the image is still up. If (when) it gets pulled, you
>> can view our screenshot here.
>>
>> The specifications are as follows:
>>
>>    * 1.6GHz, 1.8GHz or Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 processors
>>    * Up to 1GHz processor bus
>>    * Up to 8GB of DDR SDRAM
>>    * Fast Serial ATA hard drives
>>    * AGP 8X Pro graphics options from NVIDIA or ATI
>>    * Three PCI or PCI-X expansion slots
>>    * Three USB 2.0 ports
>>    * One FireWire 800, two FireWire 400 ports
>>    * Bluetooth & AirPort Extreme ready
>>    * Optical and analog audio in and out
>
> Actually, who needs rumors to guess these spec's? I could have guessed them
> 6 months ago. These are Intel board specs. On Monday I expect something
> truly juicy.

Well, they may be 6-month-old Intel board specs -- except the 1GHz processor
bus, PCI-X, Firewire, built-in Bluetooth, and Airport Extreme, which aren't
on *any* known computer at this moment.

Monday will be interesting.  I'll bet Friday was "interesting" for some
people -- discovering all the stuff buried in their drawers as they were
cleaning them out.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver