[Ti] Ti-500 to LCD projector

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Sat Jun 21 18:49:54 PDT 2003

>I said, let me try it with my Ti-500.  So I connected my Ti-book to
>the LCD projector, and my 'desktop' background was projected by the
>LCD projector on to the big screen.

If only your background was projected, it means that "mirroring" was
off (look for the Arrange tab; there is a checkbox), so you had two
desktops, the one on the projector being empty.

When you opened that movie you should have dragged it over to the
other desktop. In the Arrange tab you can see whether that's left or
right of you laptop screen; or just try it out.

Your tibook can handle projectors far better than wintel laptops (not
to mention Linux, which is pathetic in that regard), but you have to
know the tricks.
--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>, 329 Claxton, Comp Sci, UT,
Knoxville TN 37996.