[Ti] Who's still using 9?

David Brostoff brostoffassoc at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 21 19:12:26 PDT 2003

>Quick poll-- I'm just wondering how many of you are still using OS 9?

I'm still using OS 9 until Connectix makes an OS X version of
TurboKeys (which comes with CopyAgent).

I have used TurboKeys or its differently named predecessors since I
got my first Mac, a PB 180. For a long time, I didn't understand that
the TurboKeys functionality (keyboard access to all menu items and
many dialog-box items, in every program) was not an integral part of
the Mac OS.

I am very keyboard-shortcut-oriented and try to avoid pointing and
clicking as much as possible, so I find it very unergonomic to use my
PB without TurboKeys. Kind of like having to roll down your car
window and make a hand signal every time you want to turn. I have
tried QuicKeys and other alternatives but have never found anything
approaching the ease of use of TurboKeys.

It has always amazed me that Apple hasn't made TurboKeys-and
CopyAgent-part of the OS. These are two things that in my opinon,
Satan-I mean Microsoft-somehow got right.

David Brostoff