Dvi connection

Marcus Tuel tuel2000 at rcn.com
Sun Jun 22 10:20:11 PDT 2003

My friend is having some people over to his house later today and he
has like a 52 inch flat screen tv with a dvi jack in.  I want to
connect my powerbook up to it later today and play a huge game of Medal
Of Honor or Unreal.  The worst part is I haven't been able to find a
place that sells dvi cables except for one that is $100 at circuit
city, but i have come up with a solution I think.  I am going to use
the adapter that came with the powerbook that turns dvi into vga then
use a 6 foot vga patch cable and on the other end of that use another
vga to dvi adapter to change it back to dvi to plug into the tv.  Does
anyone have any idea that this could be a bad idea and break his tv or
any other idea to getting this to work?

Thanks -  Marcus