[Ti] 15.2 tiBook or Al?

Pedro Vera pedro at veraperez.com
Sun Jun 22 15:57:29 PDT 2003

I have been having a hard time with the HORDE of impressionable folks that are losing sleep
over tomorrow. Mind most of these people I am talking about already own top-of-the-line gear,
and only a tiny fraction are people waiting the announcements before commiting to a big
purchase.

The problem is that when I did my switch in September 2002 I got an iBook 600 with Jaguar and
I immediately fell in love with it. From September until April I put no less than 18 hard hours per
day between work and personal stuff and it always worked great. The hinge on my iBook got
messed up and frayed the back light cable, so I bought a refurbished Ti book 867 and gave the
iBook to my wife, promising I would send it to the shop as soon as I could. Exactly one week
later my 4-yr old (he is so terrible I had to setup a blog for his antics at http://
pj.pedrovera.com) spilled a whole can of coke into it and killed.

So the dilemma is, the usual for me is to buy a new computer and hand off my old one to my
wife. My Ti book is a few weeks old, and I LOVE IT. I don't want a faster one, I don't want better
wireless or firewire 800 or lighted keys, to me this is the perfect laptop. Except for maxing out
the ram I don't think there is anything else I would want to upgrade. On top of that, my wife
made it clear she does not want a powerbook, so I have no choice but to get her another iBook.

As a total geek it is the first time ever I can look forward to a new major release of anything and
know I will not have to worry about diving into it without regard to consequences. I know I will
be buying Panther if it is not free, but I just don't see myself dying over a new powerbook in the
near future.

Thanks,

Pedro Vera
http://pedrovera.com