[Ti] [OT] just coincidence ?

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Sun Jun 22 16:02:16 PDT 2003

On 6/22/03 4:44 PM, "Milton van der Veen" <milton_lists at myrealbox.com>
wrote:

> I've been looking everywhere to try to find the dish co-ordinates for
> the keynote but have come up empty-handed. I've been able to catch all
> of Steve's keynotes the last couple of years on my C-dish (here in the
> frozen Canadian north) and Apple has always come up with the
> co-ordinates, but not for tomorrow.

You might want to include google in your everywhere next time...  My search
for "wwdc keynote satellite coordinates" turned up:
http://www.allosx.com/1055867551/index_html

The coordinates for the broadcast are :

Ku-band:
Telstar 5/ Transponder: 25K
Orbital Slot: 97 degrees west
Uplink Frequency: 14444 MHz
Downlink Frequency: 12144 MHz
Audio subcarriers: 6.2 and 6.8

C-band Analog:
Galazy 3C/ Transponder 3C
Orbital Slot: 95 degrees west
Uplink Frequency: 5985 MHz
Downlink Frequency: 3760 MHz
Polarity: Horizontal down
Audio subcarriers: 6.2 and 6.8
--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook