[Ti] 15.2 tiBook or Al?

Simon Chapman sc at pr100.com
Sun Jun 22 18:09:51 PDT 2003

At 8:37 am +0900 23/6/03, <ursus at mac.com> wrote:
>Since I own a TiBook and a 17" I can tell you that the aluminum model is
>vastly superior to my beloved TiBook.. Which I still have, BTW. Have you
>ever actually sat down and used an Aluminum model for a while?

Most evenings, my son and I do a passable impression of the Apple Little
'n' Large commercial. He has a 17in on his lap while I have a TiBook 1GHz.

My impressions are:

His 17in is more beautiful than my TiBook (and Catherine Deneuve).

My TiBook is just a tad faster than his 17in in many instances (as
confirmed by this week's published Lab Tests in MacUser magazine (UK).

The screen on my TiBook is a tad brighter and has a slightly better viewing
angle than his 17in.

His screen seems to be made from a different, more reflective material than
mine.

His side-winder power, FW and USB plugs tend to bend against his thigh when
he is using the 17in on his lap.

His fan comes on more often than mine, but it is quieter.

His case marks more easily than mine - or perhaps it is lighter and shows
fingerprints more clearly.

His Airport reception is better than mine (snow BS).

My keyboard lights up when I turn down the lamp and shine a torch on it.

He gets confused messages from Apple about his 17in -- including one this
week inviting him to upgrade to 2GB of RAM, even though the Apple Store
says that the 17in can only take 1GB (and no RAM vendor in the universe has
a 1GB stick for sale).

No matter how hard he tries, he is unable to run the only Mac Os which is
mature and fast....

....which makes me the winner!!!

Simon