VPN and VPC on My Titanium

Richard Eberhardt richard at richardeberhardt.com
Sun Jun 22 18:06:12 PDT 2003

I am trying to connect to our corporate network from home using VPN.
I am using Virtual PC since work provided me with a client for
Win2000 and a setup script. I am using Shared Networking between OS
9.2.2 and Win2K.

I have a cable modem and my service provider is ComCast (until
recently, it was ATTBI).  I am running VPC 5.0.

When I bring up VPC, I can get to the Internet from IE/Win2K so the
connection is live.

When running the Cisco Dialer, I get verification that I have
connected to the VPN server, but cannot access any of the office
servers or applications.  I have changed my TCP/IP settings to
include both the name servers I need for the Internet and to included
the name servers we using inside our firewall.  I was running
NetBarrier, but turned that off and saw no difference.

Any experience with VPN and VPC?

Thanks,

Rich