[Ti] End of an Era?

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Sun Jun 22 19:18:25 PDT 2003

On 6/22/03 8:20 PM, "mburke6225 at aol.com" <mburke6225 at aol.com> wrote:

> The real question for all of us on this list to consider is:
>
> If on Monday Apple announces, as some anticipate, a 15" Aluminum Power Book,
> does that mark then end of the Titanium Power Book model?

Whenever Apple announces new machines (and I for one don't think it will
happen on Monday), yes it will mark the end of the TiBooks.

Apple has acknowledged that the "Titanium Experiment" didn't go as well as
they had hoped and the material is not ideal for their laptop uses.

>  Will this mean that
> the Ti's will go the way of the Wall street?

If you mean "No longer made", yes that's what it will mean.

>If so, how much support will
> Apple put to the Titanium line?

The same as they put into any other line that has been
discontinued.....minimal.....

Shawn King
On this week's Your Mac Life
Aladdin's Internet Cleanup & Wil Wheaton!
http://www.yourmaclife.com