[Ti] TurboKeys (was:Who's still using 9?)

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Jun 23 01:49:25 PDT 2003

At 19:12 -0700 21-6-2003, David Brostoff wrote:
>>Quick poll-- I'm just wondering how many of you are still using OS 9?
>
>I'm still using OS 9 until Connectix makes an OS X version of
>TurboKeys (which comes with CopyAgent).
>
>I have used TurboKeys or its differently named predecessors since I
>got my first Mac, a PB 180. For a long time, I didn't understand
>that the TurboKeys functionality (keyboard access to all menu items
>and many dialog-box items, in every program) was not an integral
>part of the Mac OS.

David - whilst I also found (find) TurboKeys a very fast way of using
the Ti-book, I did not make it a barrier to moving to OS X.

The Dock provides some of the functionality of TurboKeys
(particularly the quick access to an Application).  The Safari
functionality (autofill and password recall) also replaces some of
the functions that I used Turbokeys for.

I asked Connectix of they planned a port of CopyAgent and TurboKeys to X:

	Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:24:04 -0800 (PST)

	Dr. Hutley,

	We are currently investigating the need for a Mac OS X version

I still use TurboKeys in Classic, but I use Classic very little now.

regards,  Trevor