[Ti] Backup suggestions

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Jun 23 02:46:55 PDT 2003

At 13:44 -0400 19-6-2003, Joseph Fisher wrote:
>I have my Ti 800 DVI running OS 10.2.6 wonderfully. In the event that I have
>a HD crash or need to reload apps and pgms I always backup my updated sit,
>zip, dmg etc to CD-ROM.
>
>My question is; since Software Update automatically updates the Apple
>specific programs (OS X, iTunes, iCal, etc.) from the system pref. program,
>what is the best way to back these up?

Joseph - there is an option (that I use) in Software Update to
download the software to your desktop for later installation.  These
I keep on my software partition.  Note that for all software that has
been installed, the .PKG is to be found in the Library, if you ever
need to use it again.

For actual backup, I run a daily incremental backup of my X partition
to an external hard disk, and a weekly incremental backup of my whole
hard disk to this external hard disk.

I use Retrospect Remote, running two scripts for these actions: one
for daily, one for weekly, backup, all to the same backup file.

Trevor
Ti-500/1Gb RAM/10.2.6