[Ti] Imac Ethernet Dead!?

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Tue Jun 24 17:41:03 PDT 2003

Don't mind this; I believe this just means that no Ethernet connection
was found, and so it's turning part of the chip that's not needed.
I've seen this on many Macs that are perfectly functional.
I believe I might have mentioned this before (or maybe it wasn't to
you), but check all connections, especially the pins on the computer
side to make sure they're not bent down too far.

Vince Venero <vincejr at ufl.edu> writes:
> I also booted in verbose mode (apple-v) and watched the system boot up.
>   When it came to the line UniNorth and Ethernet, I recognized this as
> the point where the ethernet hardware is initialized.
>
> The interesting thing it said was::
> "Disabled Cell Clock!!!! Putting [UniNorth] to sleep....."

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html