[Ti] OT: DreamWeaver (WAS: Pushing... 867MHz )

Pedro Vera pedro at veraperez.com
Thu Jun 26 06:59:26 PDT 2003

Dreamweaver MX is really frustrating because it has a few features that are absolutely amazing
and very handy, but it is so godawfully slow that it is painful just to see it load. The HTML view
is very slow rendering nested tables, and the code view scrolls very slowly. My company paid
$400 for this thing and honestly I never use it unless I have a huge table and I have to select a
column from the HTML view to apply a style. The search engine allows you to pick any given tag
and do stuff to it, which is awesome, and you can save search settings as rudimentary scripts.
Still, $400 is a hell of a lot of money just to use 5 features.

Oh, there is one thing Barebones has to either ripoff or license off Macromedia: In code view it
displays a hierarchy of tags along the bottom left of your active window. It shows you all the
tags that lead to the one the cursor sits at. Click on any of these tags and ALL the contents of
that given tag are selected. Now imagine a 10,000 line file and you need to select 600 lines, you
can put a DIV at the start and end, then click once on the DIV in the toolbar and it selects
everything inside. It blew me away the first time I had to use it.

Thanks,

Pedro Vera
http://pedrovera.com
PGP/GPG Key available at http://pedrovera.com/public.asc