[Ti] I come here seeking domain registrars.

Pedro Vera pedro at veraperez.com
Sat Jun 28 19:47:33 PDT 2003

Get a freeBSD jail system. It costs a bit more than a conventional host, but within the jail you are
root. You are free to do as you please, run whatever you want, update whenever you want, the
works. The Acceptable Use Policy reads like this: you can do anything here as long as you don't
break the law. I got mine thru http://johncompanies.com, I am running three domains with web,
web mail, mail feed, procmail, pop3 (could run IMAP too but its overkill for me), webDAV,
mySQL, etc. If I need to do something that is beyond my freeBSD skills, the support folks answer
my emails within 5-15 minutes 24x7. I set up mine over a weekend and their techs were
replying to my emails at 3-4 am within minutes. These guys rock.

Mine is $65/month. It seems high but its mine to do as I please, no such thing as "you can have
up to XX mailboxes or YY domains, etc." For example, I can resell my excess capacity.

If you develop open source they'll even cut you a deal.

Thanks,

Pedro Vera
http://pedrovera.com
PGP/GPG Key available at http://pedrovera.com/public.asc