[Ti] Mice

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Mon Jun 30 08:42:06 PDT 2003

On Monday, June 30, 2003, at 04:29  pm, Joel Hopwood wrote:

> What I'd really like is an Apple Pro Mouse with a nice long cable! Has
> no
> one from Apple ever tried using one with an iBook?

I was also intrigued to hear Jobs mention that you might be using "a 2
button mouse" with OSX.

I'm reading into this that Apple are developing a brand new 2/3 button
mouse, hopefully with an extension cable similar to the one provided
with the keyboards.

> I actually like a bit of weight in my mice, though, Taz - that's why I
> always like the Apple Desktop Bus Mouse I and II.

Fair enough. After 10-12 hours of mousing around my muscles wanted
something lighter so I went ahead and modded it :)

The ADB Mouse II was a lovely design and worked for me. However the
more of a multi-tasking geek you become, in line with OSX and UNIX, a
second mouse button starts to be very useful. I suppose it's one of
those things...you don't miss it until you've become used to using a 2
button mouse and then have to start using an Apple mouse again.

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue
tarik at opalblue.com