[Ti] Backup for Jaguar?

Chris Olson chris at mercury1.astcomm.net
Sat Mar 1 06:45:35 PST 2003

On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 02:35 AM, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

>> Start up your terminal application and cd /var/db/netinfo
>> You'll find the database there.
> Surely you shouldn't need to start Terminal to be able to make a
> backup of your needed information. :-)

I guess I don't see anything *wrong* with using the Terminal.  That's
why it's there.  I think the gentleman just wanted to know where the
NetInfo database is.  If the Terminal really bothers a person, I
suppose it would be possible to build a clickable backup script with
RSyncX, and use that executable shell script to back up the database to
a network file server or external drive.  That would make the database
backup totally "point and click".

--
Chris