synchronizing hard drives

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Mon Mar 3 06:44:51 PST 2003

Can anyone advise me how I can keep the hard drives of my two G4s
synchronized (if that's the word)?  I have a Titanium and a G4 tower,
side by side (except when I travel):  I currently use the Ti for most
of my organizational tasks (e-mailing, calendar, writing projects,
etc.), and the tower mostly for video editing (but because it's
faster, I sometimes surf the web with it, etc.).  It occurs to me,
though, that ideally I should have the same applications loaded on
both machines, so if one should experience problems I can just switch
to the other and carry on with my work.

within my capabilities.  However, what I'd like to know is the
easiest way possible to synch up (not to mention back-up) both drives
at the end of each working day.
The two computers are hooked up with an ethernet cable, so I know I
can drag files back and forth.  But is there a simpler, more elegant,
way to update - - in both directions - - in one fell swoop?

Software or hardware suggestions?  Any and all advice would be appreciated!
--
Regards,
Malcolm