[Ti] For the Member in Germany with 10.2.4 Problem - Apple Hasn't Yet solved the problem

Obrecht, Jerry A Jerry.A.Obrecht at mdnt.com
Tue Mar 4 07:28:35 PST 2003

>>Looks like Apple acknowledged a problem; their fix is to deselect the
error correction and compression checkbox in the Network system
preferences.
See http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25387 for more info.

"Obrecht, Jerry A" <Jerry.A.Obrecht at mdnt.com> writes:
> The problem with the modem is in the modem scripts installed by =
> 10.2.4...they are semi-FUBAR'ed.  The fix is to replace six modem
> files =
> with the "old" 10.2.3 modem files.  At www.apple.com under Support, =
> search for the following discussion thread "Discussions > Mac OS X > =
> Getting Started and General Use > Getting Online > Modem drops dialup
> in =
> 30 sec, 10.2.4. Help?" if you wish.  It reports that at macfixit.com =
> there is a link to the six files that can be downloaded; the link is =
> called "10.2.3ModemParts".  The rub is that, as with any OS X changes,
> =
> you need to boot from the DVD or boot in OS 9 to replace the files
> (not =
> a big thing).  If you contact me off-line, I can send the files to you
> =
> via email; the 6 files though are about 2.5MB in size total.<<
Yes, Apple has acknowledged the problem, but subsequent user posts under the Apple Support Discussions threads indicates that the simple Apple fix works in only some cases.  My take is that the modem scripts and files in 10.2.4 need to be replaced...if you are experiencing the problem.  Not all 10.2.4 installs seem to have the problem...???  Go explain?

The real fix is for Apple to publish a 10.2.4.1 with the correct files and a fix to whatever is causing this hit and miss problem to begin with.

Jerry