[Ti] I'm Getting a New TiBook

Obrecht, Jerry A Jerry.A.Obrecht at mdnt.com
Tue Mar 4 07:33:59 PST 2003

>>I had an older 400MHz iMac crap out on me and they couldn't fix it so they
had to give me a new one.  The only problem is that they didn't make any
more CRT iMacs with DVD player, so they had to give me a new Flat Panel
700MHz, just cus that was the only thing they had that was equal to or
better than my original.  So I guess what I'm trying to say is that they
will give you a new TiBook with AT LEAST what you had on your old one.  This
is in terms of OEM settings... i.e. Extra RAM added won't get you a TiBook
with more RAM.  But if yours has a DVD player, your new one has too, if it
has a CD-R or DVD-R, the new one has to also.  Sorry about the loss but it
will work out for the best and I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

Joe Mac

On 3/3/03 1:16 PM, "Jadbolidek Friksteen" <jfriksteen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (Sorry if this is double-posted, but I originally sent it 2 days ago and
> still haven't seen it in my digests.)
>
> I'll spare you my long drawn out sob story, but after 7 times back to apple
> for repair in 10 months, my 800mhz TiBook is going to an early grave. Apple
> is providing a "replacement" TiBook, and I'm wondering exactly what that
> means. Surely my "replacement" won't be a refurbished 800mhz (that's not
> acceptable as far as I'm concerned)!?!? It's clear that mine was a lemon,
> and I think I should get in value close to what I paid for it. That and the
> lost productivity and inconvenience I'm hoping means a 1ghz model. That
> would move me from a very dissatisfied, likely former Apple customer, to a
> very happy one. Anyone have any insight or experiences to share in this
> regard? Thanks....
> <<
I suspect that Apple will give you the nearest equivalent (or better if your model is out of production) to your TiBook.  Remove any extra RAM that you may have added though...you likely won't get it back, but who can say.

This thread is a perfect poster boy for purchasing Apple Care.  I am not per say pushing it, but it is good insurance.  Imagine if your problems had started in the 13th month of ownership?!  You'd be, as the ancient Egyptians used to say, SOL.

Jerry