[Ti] iMic does not appear in my sys prefs; very strange

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Wed Mar 5 12:38:47 PST 2003

On 3/5/03 2:30 PM, "Khyber Courchesne" <khyber at urbisnet.com> wrote:

> Let me just jump in here:  is there a reason my powerbook 667 does not see a
> plugged-in microphone in the sound-in port?

If your mic isn't delivering power to the port, the Mac won't pick it up.

Does your Mic require batteries? If not, it is an unpowered mic and needs a
"boost" to get the Mac to recognize it. You can patch it through the iMic or
some other device to get it to be recognized.

Shawn King
On this week's YML:
Future of Memory, Rothenberg & Mac Mike!
http://www.yourmaclife.com