how to synchronize two G4s

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Wed Mar 5 13:31:03 PST 2003

thank you to those who suggested various ways to keep a desktop and
powerbook (connected by ethernet) synched up.  I want to be able to
do this so that at the end of a working day I can update all the
different files that I've worked on, some on the Ti, some on the
desktop, and thereby keep both machines synchronized.  This, I think,
will help keep me organized as I go from one machine to the other - -
it will also effectively give me the all-important back-up we're all
supposed to be keeping.

One of you recommended RsyncX  - - sounds very interesting.
(http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/rsyncx.html)

Something else that has been recommended is called
FoldersSynchronizer (http://www.softobe.com/products/flsy/pp.html),
which also sounds good.

Has anyone tried both of these programs?  If you have, could you
please tell how they compare?  I would really like something easy to
use: one little window, one little button, one click (maybe even
schedule-able?).  All of this may be too much to ask for, but here's
trying!
Thanks for the advice -
Malcolm