"Missing" Drive Space

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 02:40:08 PST 2003

David's remarks, re: the 80 MB chunks of "Swap" space, got me
thinking. It's occurred to me that the most likely reason for the
missing 1.25 GB of drive space [on my internal 30GB drive], must be
all those 'invisible' OS files. Not all of it, but maybe 500MB or
more...Does that sound likely? It seems the Finder wouldn't 'add them
up', but the drive would 'see' them as space 'not available'.

As for my unusual, I guess, experience with Word, maybe it's
'payback' for having to make my living, these days, in Quark.
<Laughs>  It all evens out, believe me. Although Quark 5, for me, on
a G4, is way more stable than Quark 4 on a G3, no doubt about that.
Still, as i said... it all evens out.

~flipper